Welcome to SocialEngine User Community! This is an idea exchange area for SocialEngine users. Ask questions or post your feature requests here. This isn't an official support channel, so if you need support, please open a support ticket

Post Something!

Recent Activity

• commented on Login with facebook, twitter etc

New Members

Online Now

12 guests

PHP Showcase

Big and Professional Websites that use Social Engine
    Hello,

I was browsing the new marketplace and noticed that there are some showcases in some third party developers profiles.

As I am curious I visited some of these websites and most seems not to be much active or have a professional look, what is a bit ironic because if you are displaying a website in your portfolio is because you believe that is a impressive work.

So I would like to ask if anyone knows a really big website that use Social Engine? I am really curious to see what a well stablished Social Engine website can do.

Note: To my surprise my site is in the portfolio of one of the developers :D
      PoeticJustice I use my social engine completely different to how others use it.
      Users log on daily, loads concurrent users.

Its all about staggering functions such as plugins, you need to drip feed to keep members interested.

Then focus and advertise about being a social network once you have over 250 members.

I have quiet alot of members, but the site is not really open to anyone.

But i would not personally showcase, nor do i expect big sites using SE to showcase.
      Donna I've got some in a list but need to verify if we can post them.I'll see tomorrow.
      Donna https://www.socialengine.com/ There are some sites there and some corporations listed that use SE. Some such as Apple, Nasa, etc are very recognizable.
    • 2 more comments
    Apps reviews
    We had one of apps submitted for review last week, but it was rejected last night with the reason "Don't include links in description."

Nowhere in the submission process there were such requirements. The urls we have used were for the demo link and for the installation process link

I wonder if there are plans to improve the apps review process. The review itself is pretty time consuming, yet rules are not clearly stated anywhere.

gs [231316,Donna] ,
      Will the MarketPlace eventually link Devs and Plugins like it used to? In the past when looking at a Plugin/Theme, I could select the Dev Name and it would link to the Dev page with all their other Plugins/Themes listed. This was very useful to me - especially during the early months when I was scoping out SE and building the list of Plugins I would require (and building my list of questions for Devs and customizations required).

I may have missed this so I apologize in advance if I did.

Thanks.
      seTweaks Another issue in the review process is that the reviewer could list all the rejection reasons in one rejection instead of rejecting the listing multiple times for a single reason in each rejection email and forcing us to submit the listing multiple times. If we knew all the rejection reasons in one rejection email, we could fix it all at once and not get frustrated with rejections after rejections!
      • 0 1 vote
      SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] We too have submitted our app more than a week ago, but the status till now is Pending Review. Also when we submitted the app, the description was not coming fine on the front end, but there does not seem to be any timeline for this review process and until when we have to wait.
      Many times we got the error on sites:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.
    • 15 more comments
    Enhancement in Advanced Videos & Channels Plugin
    Today, is the world of Videos. Video is an electronic medium for the recording, playback and display of moving visual media.Videos are more engaging as compared to the static content on your website.

Videos help you make your visitors stay longer on your website and it is also becomes more important to attractively display the videos on your website. 

Embed Facebook / Twitter Videos to SocialEngine Based Website

Facebook / Twitter allows to you easily embed videos outside website same like YouTube and Vimeo. That means if you come across an interesting video on Facebook / Twitter, you can easily put it on your communities without having to direct your audience to the Facebook / Twitter website.
    How to embed Facebook Video on your site:

First, you can choose Facebook option from member level setting of 
    Advanced Videos Plugin.

Now, you can choose Source “Facebook” from drop down from “Post a Video” form.

5v-loIInsaCSX-wHWR97r27MDxKg-OX0iIE47Wqu

You can go to Facebook and go to Video Profile view select the “Embed Video” button on the bottom right:

K0EUG69ibSqH0p9VSn9B-BgbVf_emfF9trODng9H

After click on “Embed Video” below popup is shown. Next, copy and paste the generated Code into text field.

A9PXzHF1gUiikGZuJ0HcBDMqOX8fqemRL-xxZzPV

How to embed Twitter Video on your site:

First, you can choose Twitter option from member level setting of 
    Advanced Videos Plugin

Now, you can choose Source “Twitter” from drop down from “Post a Video” form.

To embed a twitter video on your website, get started by clicking on ••• in a Tweet and then selecting “Embed Video” (as seen in the example below).

sMFxcMfITQRaHPUAWhZBNsotdGBh1poj2LvqISUb

Next, copy and paste the generated Code into text field.6Hq4n76ymFCi-k-K2A18IWr3Uvvgercylh3YHq2J