Welcome to SocialEngine User Community! This is an idea exchange area for SocialEngine users. Ask questions or post your feature requests here. This isn't an official support channel, so if you need support, please open a support ticket

Post Something!

Recent Activity

• posted
    X
  • commented on
  • commented on
  • commented on
  • commented on

New Members

Online Now

11 guests

Addon & Plugin Discussions

SEAddons Advanced Forum
    I have many SEAddons plugins and they are all excellent.

My only comment is that the Advanced Forum changes the sequence of the forum posts so that the newest replies in a thread is at the top when all other stand alone forums like Invision have the replies to post going from oldest at the top to newest at the bottom.

This make the Advanced forum seem upside down, is there any way to keep the sequence the same as all the other forum software?

Thanks
      Jay The problem is that many of the people I am targeting to join already use forums like Invision so it will appear backwards for them.
      gs I have this Plugin too and I actually prefer this (at times) since it's more like an activity feed. Have you contacted SEAO?

What I really with SE and 3rd-Party Devs would implement is the 7 sort options github uses - I regularly switch between these sorts. Very, very useful.
    User Generator plugin for SocialEngine PHP
    Hello folks!

If you're just setting up your community and looking for a way to make it full of members, we've got a great solution for you.

user-generator-icon.jpg

Our User Generator module for SocialEngine will help you to randomly generate as much members as you want. Of course all this profiles will be fake and will be offline, but new website users will be sure that there are a lot of users to talk to.Also you don't need any developers or complex codes to create users. Simply install the module, enter amount of users you want to create and see this members in your network!

Browser support:
    • Chrome: supported (webkit v5-22);
    • Firefox (Gecko): supported (moz v4.0-22);
    • Internet Explorer / MS Edge: same as your version of SocialEngine;
    • Opera: supported (v22);
    • Safari: supported (v6).
    You will be able to set number of new users and our plugin will do everything else for you.

user-generator-progress.png

We'll be glad to answer to all your questions in comments and explain the logics if needed. 

Download: http://socialengine.mobi/products/user-generator
    3rd-Party Cores going away? ADMINs able to view some SE2Dev discussions?
    Two-fold (but related) question:
    1.  In an email exchange with 8 3rd-Party Devs re: their upgrades to 4.9.xx, one of them mentioned (no I won't say who) that their Core would be removed soon as per a request from SE to all Devs.  Is this true?

2.  The above (as well as many items related to 4.9.xx upgrade over the past 6+ months, such as MarketPlace, reviews, etc) seem to be disclosed/discussed with 3rd-Party Devs but not with ADMINs.  Obviously there may be some things that may be no business of ADMINs but there are others that may be of interest (for planning purposes, input/suggestions, etc.).  Is it simply a policy issue to not share things like this with us ADMINs?  Also, am I the only ADMIN that's interested in this type of info (i.e. because if so, I would never ask SE to make changes for one ADMIN, so this Topic could be deleted)?

Thoughts?
      PoeticJustice As in removing their core, do you mean the devs basic plugins that have to be installed prior to a plugin, is set to be removed.

Hell yea im up for them cores to become obsolete, except social engine solutions basic core because that has features and widget that I find useful
      Mikel Coreclark Hei GS.
      Just 1 question, Have you asked the devs why they are to remove Cores ?
      This is not confirmed by SE or any 3rd party Devs so should not be taken as fact.
      If I remember correctly or not, a long time ago on several release notes by devs, I read that as new SE tech and script is released '3rd party dev cores' would not be needed and may/should be fazed out over time.

I don't expect devs to stop using cores if it was going to harm their products at this time or in the future unless they had updates for products already in use.
      On an older site I had, a few apps/modules started off with cores but then devs released updates that made cores not needed. This had no impact on my site, in fact things worked better.
      Since you have a greater relationship with devs than I do maybe you can ask for confirmation ?

thanks
      mikel.
    • 4 more comments
    Content Privacy Settings - honour the settings
    I remember seeing this recently as a Bug that was fixed (at least in some SE modules).  This post is primarily for SE to respond.

My question here is this: Have 3rd-Party Devs been notified of this and urged to fix their similar bugs?  For example, Plugins from one specific Dev experienced this same issue since I began using their Plugins (2015), but they refused to address the issue.  Now that it's a known-SE Issue, they are willing to fix their related bugs as well.  But, although 3+ months ago they said they would fix this in 7-8 weeks, when I asked last week I was informed they haven't even started (it seems security/privacy isn't as important as other issues).  So I'm wondering:
    A) Has SE notified/requested Devs to fix these related bugs (if they have any)
    B) If above is Yes, how urgent or 'required' is this request (i.e. so that Devs will address this exposure issue immediately rather than whenever, or not at all)

Thanks.
      Donna We have not notified developers as it is their responsibility to fix their privacy issues. They will see that we've fixed it though as we will definitely post the changelogs which they all like to see. :)

4.9.3 has all of the plugins (SE plugins) fixed for privacy btw.
    2checkout payment failure.
    Hi All,
    I am using 2checkout gateway for payment ,currently using dummy card for my communityads plugins. but I am keep on getting "communityad/payment/finish/state/failure". I have same as mentioned in SE tutorial but still no help.

Can you guys help me to come out from this problem?
    Thanks
      SocialEngineAddOns [246165,Ankit Bhardwaj] We just came across one of your other threads ( http://community.onsocialengine.com/post/6290971/how-to-add-a-payment-gateway-other-than-2co-and-paypal ) and got to know that 2Checkout payment is not allowed for you website.

If still you have any issue/query while using our Advertisements / Community Ads Plugin as specified above, you can directly contact our support here: support01@socialengineaddons.com
      Donna Communityads plugin? If this is something by a third party expert, it would be best to ask them. I am not familiar with the plugin. I know of our ad feature. Did you mean our SocialEngine ad feature?
    • 1 more comment
    Android and iOS app for Social engine website
    I have a web platform built upon social engine. I want to create Android and iOS apps for the same. Please suggest the appropriate plugins for this and can the Social Engine PHP code be directly migrated to the Mobile app?
      SocialEngineAddOns [246165,Ankit Bhardwaj]

We have developed 100% Native Android and iOS Apps specially for SocialEngine PHP website. SocialEngine PHP code is already merged in our Mobile Apps with SocialEngine REST API. You can go through our REST API plugin from here :
      https://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-rest-api-plugin

For any queries, you may contact our support here: https://www.socialengineaddons.com/contact
      gs I personally use the mobile apps by SEAO. What I especially like is that when adding Menu Items (for SEAO Plugins) you may use their built-in mobile app functionality (for their Plugins that have been coded accordingly) or use the standard webview option (which I believe must be used for non-SEAO Plugins). In addition, they offer packages to either publish using their Store Account (less expensive, but less control) or your own (more expensive, but more control).

Although I haven't used the mobile apps by Hire-Experts, I have used some of their other Plugins and their support (both excellent). They're another great Dev. (btw - I selected SEAO Mobile Apps primarily because the majority of the Plugins on the site are from them, so for compatibility and support reasons, this made the most sense). Check out the links Donna provided for more info.
      Donna Are you looking to make your own or use a ready-made plugin? The marketplace would have some mobile apps in the mobile apps section if you mean ready made. If you want to make your own, I have a thread on my site that shows some links for mobile app wrappers.
    • 4 more comments
    Social Engines Add on plugins account for sale
    My friend has asked me to put it out there.

He has an account with loads of Social Engine Addons.
    He is selling account as whole.

It contains
    Responsive Luminous Theme v4.9.2
    Content Profiles - Cover Photo, Banner & Site Branding Plugin v4.9.2p1
    Advanced Activity Feeds / Wall Plugin v4.9.2p8
    Advanced Photo Albums Plugin v4.9.2p3
    Advanced Slideshow Plugin - Multiple Slideshows v4.9.1p1
    Documents / Scribd iPaper Plugin v4.8.8

And various other plugins which I believe are free ones.

If your interested drop me a message.... no buying one or two, you will be buying the account, and then change all details for your own details
      SocialEngineAddOns Hello [508,PoeticJustice] , all licenses of our SocialEngineAddOns products are non-transferable. For re-selling our software, which would lead to transfer of license, you need explicit permission of SocialEngineAddOns by submitting details of the new licensee. For this, please contact us from here: https://www.socialengineaddons.com/contact .
      PoeticJustice Please can you confirm this [81,SocialEngineAddOns]

It was a friend who asked me, he doesnt want to resell individual plugins and to ask yourself to transfer to others account. He simply wants to sell his account.

If its not allowed then that is very sad. Id be upset to buy a BMW then not allowed to sell it because its not used.
      PoeticJustice Piracy??? these all have serial keys attached? and the domains can be changed.

Don't get how this is considered Piracy
    • 8 more comments
    Video-sharing Plugin
    How  and where to Download the video-sharing plugin version 4.9.1?
      Chris Sage Hi am on version 4.9.2 on video, is there a problem with thumbnails not showing?
      I have no pictures since upgrading :(
      Donna You would want to use our 4.9.2 version and get that video plugin as it has privacy fixes in it. Otherwise, you will not have the user privacy working properly for the video section.
    • 4 more comments
    Mobile App
    What is the best way to have your site turned into an app. I seen a few things on the marketplace. Just curious if these apps can be downloaded in the google play store and also for apple products. Please give me your feedback
      SocialEngineAddOns Hi Brandon, Our team has contacted you regarding the same. Please check your inbox.
      gs Although I have recently purchased the Android/iOS tools from SEAO, I have not used them yet. From what I understand yes - they allow you to create Apps that will exist in Google Play and Apple stores (I believe there's a $100 fee for Apple (1x or annual - I'm not sure). SEAO has their demo at Google Play as I have downloaded it (I don't own anything 'Apple', so I don't know if their demo also exists in the Apple store).

Wish I could give you real world experience, but if you install the Android demo, you'll get a feel for how it should work for you.
      Donna I've not used any of them so I can't say personally how they are. I'm sure some other clients will post or perhaps check the reviews if they have some reviews.

I've used free ones before, https://scripttechs.com/forum/thread/103/mobile-apps-wrapper-sites-free/ but they are just mobile app wrappers and not native. They still seemed to work at the time. It's been a while since I've tried them.
    Plugin Recommendations
    Anybody have any plugin recommendations for status update privacy options.  I see there are at least two in the SE marketplace one from SEAO and another from Hire Experts
      gs Keep in mind that other Plugins you decide to purchase may lead you to the option(s) for this. For example, although I have many Plugins from SEAO/SES/SEM/SEE/Webhive/HE/Radcodes, I chose SEAO's Advanced Activity/Wall Plugin because the bulk of the Plugins I required to integrate with this were from SEAO.

Eugene has made a great suggestion (and Webhive makes some excellent Plugins), and as PoeticJustice mentioned, SES is great too.

Obviously then, if you use a 3rd-Party Plugin for Activity Feed/Wall, then an issues you have will require the Dev to resolve them, not SE. This has not been an issue for me (as I've worked with some great Devs). Just wasn't sure how much experience you've had with Plugins and Devs and their Support.

Just more food for thought.
      PoeticJustice [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] are the best hands down, [196,Eugene] makes awesome plugins too
      Eugene I think both plugins from SEAO and Hire-Experts actually replace the standard feed with their own improved feed versions. Please keep that in mind when evaluating both options.
    • 4 more comments
    ScriptTech's Free Plugins and 4.9
    Hi Everyone,

Just a note that all of our plugins are working fine in 4.9. We currently have three free plugins seen at our Expert profile. Our demo is already running 4.9.

For any that have used them, please do provide a review of them at the SocialEngine market product review area as a thank you to us. We enjoy making free plugins and enjoy hearing feedback even more. :)

If we don't get some feedback, we'll assume that our products aren't something that people like and will stop providing freebies. We do have one more freebie ready but will await some feedback before spending time on more. Note that our intention is to provide small, free products. 

Details about our products are found at our forum which is also used for public support. 

Feel free to drop us a line.

Thank you!
      Matt Sutton I think I'll take a look at the google translate plugin and leave a review in the SE marketplace.
      ScriptTechs Data66 [241595,Mikel Coreclark] we've added the staff block you were interested in, https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/staff-display-block

Hope it's what you were looking for. It's free. :)
    SocialEngine PHP 4.9.0 and Third Party Products
    The release of new SE version with php 7 support made a lot of website owners want to upgrade asap.

http://blog.socialengine.com/2017/04/17/socialengine-php-4-9-0-and-third-party-products/

While it's a good idea to still to php7 it's important to run any upgrade procedures on a separate sandbox installation. To make sure live server update will run without any issues. It's important to check if every plugin is php 7 compatible and supports SE 4.9.0

I have a couple of suggestions how to make this process easier for community owners and hope SocialEngine team will support me here.

1. There should be SE version filter at the official Marketplace. All listings have SE version number in them. There will be dozens of plugins not working with newest SE for quite some time, but fully workable with prev. versions. There should be an easy way to differentiate them.

2. Plugin review process should include the version check. Currently some plugins have SE 4.9.9 or 4.x mentioned as version support, which is a false information.

3. Field "VERSION TESTED" should not be a free field but a drop-down to select the latest version plugin was tested with. To make filtering more efficient.

PS. WebHive team is currently working on the release of plugin updates and we will announce when new releases are ready.

Donna Sorry I missed responding before. We do already have some of the suggestions on our list from the beginning and have been working to get the marketplace updated. I do check plugins for version numbers before approving (for the ones I approved) and I think the other staff did before I came on board. However, these can be edited after approval. We will have to discuss this internally and see what we can do. We have to allow devs to edit their products so it's not an option to not allow editing.
      gs Thanks Eugene - great suggestions.

It's interesting how many 'I know what I'm doing and have been using SE for years and have gazillions of members at my site' ADMINs just dive right in without using a sandbox (at least separate folder) for testing first and/or don't bother checking with their 3rd-Party Devs to be sure their Plugins are ready (I'm waiting for 6 of 7 Devs to update, before I implement testing 4.9). I've read some github issues that are not due to SE, but rather the 'expert ADMIN' not doing what's common/proper/suggested practice. In fact, I'm also waiting to find out what each Dev determines is best - update SE before or after updating the Dev's Plugins.

As you've mentioned, there should be a drop-down that lists each and every version a Plugin. Just because something was tested and supports 4.8.10 for example, doesn't mean it does for 4.8.09 or 4.8.11. There's a lot that I'm hoping SE does with the Marketplace as far as more info, more complete reviews (especially from those that have purchased/used a Plugin), etc. But I'm sure that will come with time.

Thanks for the useful post. You're a great Dev (both as a person, Team, and Plugins). Keep up the great work!
    • 1 more comment