Welcome to SocialEngine User Community! This is an idea exchange area for SocialEngine users. Ask questions or post your feature requests here. This isn't an official support channel, so if you need support, please open a support ticket

Post Something!

Recent Activity

• followed
  • posted
    X
  • commented on
  • commented on
  • commented on

New Members

Online Now

14 guests

Cloud Tips & Suggestions

Wish we could have music playlist autoplay
    It would be great to have music playlist when added to profile page autoplay or the ability to let it

I can live in hope LOL
    PHP SE has been proved to be pretty much a bughell, would it be wise to go Cloud...
    Hello all,
    I have been a PHP SE owner for many years now (since 2013) and the most basic functions have not yet been fixed and improved. See I am not a PHP savvy, if I was I would build my own engine, SE should be something for people who only have semi knowledge in such coding. But SE PHP has failed me numerous time, support and bug response is pretty much useless.
    I have been considering to use Cloud instead. A way different concept ( I don't know why ) but less work, less headache. Since SE team never lived up to their promise to make SE PHP and SE Cloud compatible to be able to import content gtom PHP to Cloud or vica versa - although ironically they made that happen with Ning - I know that my 7000 members will be pretty much a loss I will have to somehow have them sign up to the new website, but I do want to know if it would be worth having Cloud SE over PHP or I should just move and use an entirely different engine.
    Thank you!

Donna Hi [101979,AA] ,

Thanks for your feedback. Would you please let us know which bugs in our issue tracker you are speaking of? Here's a link to our Github issue tracker, https://github.com/socialengine/phpv4-issues/issues . If we know which bugs you are referring to, we can check the issues. If you've not submitted them, please submit one issue per report so that our team can look into fixing them.

Regarding support, would you kindly send your complaint to the attention of Kyle so he can check on any issues you had with support? We do try very hard to ensure that clients are satisfied.

Regarding the importer to and from SEPHP/SECloud - that is something on the list but we need to get our 4.9 version out first, which is coming in beta very soon. You might like the improvements in that version.

Regarding moving. I have my own websites on another script. I hadn't upgraded those to that scripts v4 version as it's so bad, I won't make my members experience that sort of mess. As such, I looked at just about every sn out there. I've decided to migrate to SE as it's the only one I've found that will work for my sites, has the security I want, and doesn't have the issues I've seen on the other scripts I researched. Note that I don't frivolously move my sites around either (which is why I've not upgraded it though that script's v4 version has been out for a few years now).

I hope this helps you decide what to do. If it were me in your shoes, I would wait and see what 4.9 comes with. There are a good amount of fixes in it from what I've seen in the fixed issues list.

Thanks again for posting!
    oio publishers for advertisement management
    Hey guys, anyone know if socialengine cloud support oio publisher advertisement management system to manage ads on my website? 
      Stepan Mazurov It should, we have an ad article that walks you through the steps of getting that set up. Let me know if you have any questions, or as always feel free to open a ticket. Here's the article: http://support.socialengine.com/cloud/customer/portal/articles/1927492-inserting-ad-code-into-your-site
    How to install TEST SocialEngine?
    We have a site built on Social engine.  I want to have a duplicate of that site so we can test modules on it.  How can I install a Test site without buying another Social Engine subscription?
      Stepan Mazurov You can use the same license key on any subdomains attached to your domain, so what you can do is set up, say, staging.yourdomain.com and its totally fine.
    The Payment System
    When is the payment system of the SE can use bank transfer?
      Eugene Doubtfully it will. Each bank often has it's own API and requirements. They may be really different from country to country.
    • 3 more comments
    What's New WITH SE5?
    Hi all,

Anything new with SE5? Any new plugins or themes?

I have been away for a while and came back to see if there was anything new....

Moving domains
    I created my social engine community using one domain. I would like to change the domain and the hosting. Is that possible? How do I do so? Thanks in advance 
      seTweaks 1) Move your files and database to the new hosting
      2) Register the new domain
      3) Remove nameservers from old domain
      4) Add new nameservers to the new domain
      John Sharkey I have the same question!
    Share button
    Hello all,

I have been looking for a code or addont that can be used to create a "share button" for my SE website on external websites. Searching for it here or on Google didn't get me anywhere.
    Any help or info would be great, Thanks!
      AA Looking for something like this http://www.socialengine.com/customize/se4/mod-page?mod_id=1095 Apparently that's an old page and the product doesn't even exist. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!
      Robin Share button is included in SE Cloud. You probably use PHP?