Members NEED ability to Edit Posts!
[52,Jung Kim] [38,Shaun Harding] [250,Drew Frey] - Please include this feature. Members need to be able to edit title, and description/message. This should not be hard to do as the script allows admins to edit these items. If admins have their sites set to approve posts, you could require re-approval after edit.

Community members - Please vote this up if you agree. [5892,SportzHype] [1007,VoiceBee] [2440,Robin] [6223,Arnfinn Ingebrigtsen] and everyone else on this community.
    Carlos Tabora Any update regarding adding the ability to edit posts in SE Cloud?
    Rick Von Ruden How about a comment from the SE team on this request? Can it be done? Will you do it? Anything. [52,Jung Kim] [38,Shaun Harding] [37,Alex Benzer] [250,Drew Frey]
    liz Yes I agree. It's needed.
    Rick Von Ruden Come on and vote for this feature! Every SE Cloud site owner should want this feature as your members will complain about not being able to edit this content for spelling errors, missed words, etc. By voting this up, the SE Team will see that we all want this feature.
    Kimmie Definitely agree and hopefully they will implement soon. I myself post a lot on my site and it is very annoying to delete a post for correction.
    JAG This is must for any community, hope to see it soon. Every second member on our website ask us cant we edit our post ?. We are asking our members to journal posts which will let them add lots of text and multiple pics (links), for this type of post we really need ability to edit it on user end.
    Nainou Yes I agree
    Trieu Thanh Tuan Yes, totally agree!
    BumpShaman This would be great.
    Rick Von Ruden I plan on canceling mine as well at the end of my current subscription if there are not major upgrades and fixes. Based upon my research, I am pretty sure that Cloud is running on Modx Revolution on the back end.
    JAG Officially we are done with Social Engine.
    We waited from oct 2012 till now for few of the basic features....
    Can't wait more and best part is in last 3 months we were able to make all the functionality
    that we asked for hiring our own developers.

Good luck all of you.
    KING.NET Still not resolve, only delete action.
    JAG Apart from NING what are other community based software that can be modified and are cloud based. Just want to know what others think and suggest ?
    RL Here is a perfect example of abandonment, this thread speaks for itself. We could have virtual fireworks going off on this topic and we still cant get any SE leader to respond; maybe they are on vacation with my money eh?

As of this week, we cancelled our account as well. SE Cloud could have been a great service/product however, support questions take days, weeks or months to get answers (this post for example <a year? and still no answers>). Limited features of cloud and requested features being ignored. No transparency from support as to what we can expect next. And when you do get an answer from support, its the same ol' scripted cant-be-done attitude -- or they suggest that if "you" have the resources, go ahead a develop our cloud product for us. Bottom line, this is a bottomless pit product that will take years to catchup to the rest of Intenet at SE's current devotion. If you do your research, you can find free apps that are even better than SE PHP 4.x $699 product -- and you have full control. What a Shame!
    JAG I am actually giving up on Social Engine Cloud as many features are just not there for community to expand. Tiered of asking, requesting, etc. Having our own web development business we already started working on custom solution to serve our and customers needs, even though it will be little costly but I am in control and not some one else. It will be hard to move everything as there is no way to transfer all the images ( Obviously done intentionally to trap customers ), but we ready to move for good and better solution.
      Kongo I've had a site on Ning since 2009. I didn't want to start the new site I was going to try on SE Cloud, because Ning doesn't give me as much control over members and their content I want. For instance, any member can delete their content and comments if they quit or are suspended. That has ruined many discussions on our site. But it's super stable and reliable and Ning 3.0, just launching, is a major upgrade over the current version.

If you haven't tried it, there's a free trial version. I'm going to reconsider it for this new site before I bite the bullet and go for a package I have to host. I don't want to do that, because most are murder to optimize and require a lot of assets for higher traffic sites.
    Kongo I just started my trial period in Cloud. If editing isn't available, quickly, SEC won't work for me. Please fill us in.
      Rick Von Ruden This has not been fixed yet by SocialEngine and it is a shame. It is the most needed missing feature. They have plenty excuses as to why it has not been fixed such as tag handling and @ handling.
        Kongo Thanks, Rick. I closed my SECloud account, after only a few hours. I can't base a viable community on it. Really a shame.
          KING.NET I closed my trial account as well. C'mon editing of post not available.
    RL Looks like this feature request is exactly one year old today, did site owners just give up on the "edit" request for our members? What is the status of this SE? Our members can 'delete' their own post, and should be able to 'edit' as well. Now that 4.x version update has been released, SE should be able to allocate development for the Cloud.
    Rick Von Ruden [37,Alex Benzer]
  • 3 more comments