Why Arvixe is a recommended hosting for SEphp?
There were few mentions that Arvixe is recommended for SEphp, because this company "offers optimized servers configured for SocialEngine".

I believe it's not right because there are issues with their default setup (we had few clients who use them). Hosting does not follow SocialEngine recommendations:
1. mod_rewrite isn't enabled
2. php isn't installed as a module of Apache
3. APC isn't installed
4. Version of php isn't the most recent (5.3)

I have nothing against the company. There issues are usually fixed within a day or two by hosting support. But why are they there by default? Especially if they are officially recommended.
I believe a lot of people expect servers are optimized already. As a result their SocialEngine setup is slow and they think it's SocialEnginePHP issue.

Please upvote this post. I hope somebody from Arvixe will notice it and they will update their default setup.
    Adan Martinez their customer service is kinda fast but your site is always the problem and never their servers and the site performance is extremely slow. I will highly recomend Hostiso from Hire Experts, their service and support its great
    (deleted) thats just why I shut down my SE PHP hosted with hostforweb.just keep crashing.Their told me its the script that is causing the problem.So almost 1 year of rubbish hosting and loss of my 4500 members I have to start over again
      Eugene I have not heard of hostforweb before, but I often hear complaints on a script. It's easier to blame the script than to find official requirements and configure webserver correctly.
      It probably took a lot of time to get 4500 members! Have you moved to a different hosting with your database and files?
        (deleted) Not yet, still looking for hosting, but I have saved a full backup of my site...and you right it took me 18 month and lots of $$$ advertising to get that may Members
          Eugene If you want we can try to assist. Recently we have found a new hosting option for our demo. It's not expensive, but self-managed (you will need either to learn some server administration basics or hire an admin). We have installed nginx instead of apache - performance is really good. Here is a link http://webhiveteam.com/demo4/

Drop me an email (eugene [at] webhive.com.ua). I'll let you know the name of hosting to check (don't want to advertise any company in this thread).
    Vex I've used Arvixe for over a year and they rock. APC is only on VPS or dedicated, but SE on their shared plan works great for me!
    Chris Jenkins I agree, I went with Arvixe for that reason, I also have a dream host VPS that was running very very slow with SE. I switched to Arvixe and it has been faster but last night my site crashed completely. Internal 500 Server Error, and my site isnt even open to the public yet Im still customizing, it seems the people at SE must have cut a deal with Arvixe to promote them because the server isnt optimized out of the box for SE, I had an issue with Apache Security Mod being enabled on the server, if they are your recommended host for SE the setup should be ready to go immediately.
    seTweaks Yes, I agree. We had many clients that were hosting their site on Arvixe and it is the worst provider I've ever seen.

PS : we provide optimized dedicated SE servers : http://setweaks.com/socialengine-hosting-servers/
    Argyris Totally agreed, I got the trial plan from Arvixe and now I want to cancel it. They have very slow support and SE is running slow .

Now I am using Site5-hosting, which is working fine and faster. I had to install SE on my own but is very easy to setup.
    Simon Just about to move from Arvixe to AWS - reason - server just stops at times, support is slow and sometimes non responsive. Not good if you have a social network that cannot work.
    Donnie Savage I use them, and honestly my site CRAWLS. I am looking for suggestions on a new provider that does NOT require a dedicated server. If find one, and your site performs well with SE4, would you please share the results?
    Hire-Experts If you're interested in reliable hosting, optimized servers and optimized SocialEngine then just check it here - http://www.hire-experts.com/socialengine-hosting
    Feel free to sign up and reserve a place for your site.
    beanorama I'm new with SE PHP and on Arvixe and still in the first 30 days. I find their support is faster and more responsive than SocialEngine's. When I had problems getting the SE PHP trial to run, and SocialEngine wouldn't help me at all, Arvixe spent a lot of time and found a way to make it work. I have had a problem with their chat reps, but their QA follow-up is great.
    I am very concerned about the installation being configured correctly. I wouldn't know what is right or wrong or what to look for. But right now, with a new network and no content, it's horrendously slow.
    I would think it would be in Webligo's interest to get Arvixe to do their installations correctly. I only went with Arvixe because they are given prominence on SocialEngine's site as a preferred host. I'd like to hear from an admin here whether they're going to have that conversation with Arvixe.