August 2014 Release Notes
August 28th
  • Fixed an issue that would continue summary and item update emails even if user's account was turned off (by un-checking verified) [#cloud]
  • Updated page copy, added pictures, and added an open job position to the SocialEngine Jobs page [#site]
August 15th
  • Fixed an issue that allowed users to enter profile address urls longer than 16 characters.  Added front-end validation to notify users of the limit [#cloud]
  • Updated documentation for mini-feed widget to be correct [#site]
  • Removed ability to modify urls for a lot of built-in pages, as the internal routing depends on those urls to not be modified [#cloud]

August 12th
  • Fixed an issue with some sites incorrectly parsing utf-8 characters in link previews [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from turning facebook functionality back on by either removing their V2 FB app or entering a V1 facebook app [#cloud]
  • Modified the wording and visual style to more accurately indicate the severity of utilizing Twitter and Facebook logins with the custom domain [#cloud]

August 8th
  • Fixed an issue that prevented invite tweet from being posted [#cloud]

August 5th
  • Fixed an issue that prevented facebook posts from ever being imported [#cloud]

August 1st
  • Fixed an issue that did not correctly remove the links to private messaging if private messaging was disabled. [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue with custom templates that would break the page if a textarea element was added. [#cloud]
  • Updated the twitter hashtag/keyword importing functionality and made it a lot more robust. [#cloud]
  • Replaced Company link with the Blog link in the header. [#site]
  • Fixed summary emails under certain conditions not being sent out. [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue in the board theme that prevented the (more...) link from showing up in the longer comments [#cloud]
  • Updated initial welcome email to include a link to the newly created "Getting started" video [#site]
    Rick Von Ruden Any chance of getting the member edit posts/comments this month? My cloud site expires 9/15/14, and if this does not exist before then, I will be cancelling my cloud site.
      James Clark Hi Rick. Edit posts/comments is a top priority feature for Cloud. Currently we are working on our core systems and launching a new marketplace, knowledge base and website. I've directed the team to prioritize this project to completion, while providing support and bug fixes to our current platforms. After the site/marketplace launch we will turn our focus to the Cloud and PHP development roadmap and only then we will be able to give specifics in terms of when features will be released. We hope to keep you on board with Cloud as we move through this push.
        Rick Von Ruden Thanks for the update James, but this feature is way overdue and it hurts site memberships and site activities. I may renew one more time to give you another quarter to get it fixed, but am not sure at this point. I also want to run one more site using SE Cloud but I will not even start the free trial for that site until this feature has been added.
    Trieu Thanh Tuan Thanks. I need the feature, http://community.socialengine.com/post/1625969/option-to-view-full-and-minimize-button-in-posting-area. Please check and consider to add this to SE cloud!
    Arnfinn Ingebrigtsen Getting started video, where can I find it? Great update :D
      Stepan Mazurov You can find them at http://www.socialengine.com/support/cloud/get-started-videos