October 2014 Release Notes
October 30th
  • Fixed an issue that would incorrectly assign image dimensions for animated .gif images breaking the "board" layout [#cloud]

October 28th
  • Fixed an issue that would incorrectly return a "Page not found" for sites that had "member url" functionality enabled and the user chose to use an underscore in their url. [#cloud]
  • Increased the member limit at which we disable weekly email digest from 3,000 to 4,000 [#cloud].
  • Added a bit of helpful text around digest notifications that exposes the limits that were mostly hidden before [#cloud, #admin] 

October 21st
  • Fixed an error that would improperly display email subjects that contained non-ascii characters in some clients. All emails will now be property sent in UTF-8 encoding  [#cloud]

October 18th
  • Fixed an issue that incorrectly displayed imported items author name, author url and author picture. It is now correctly displaying and linking back to the original import source (youtube, facebook, rss, instagram, or twitter) [#cloud] 

October 14th
  • Documented ability to specify a category id for the feed widget. [#site]
  • fixed a bug in post by email functionality that would duplicate the post content when creating a new post from email message. [#cloud]
  • Best for last: changed the link that was used in the domain display to link directly to the item instead of domain's home page [#cloud]

October 6th
  • Fixed a bug in mini-feed widget that would incorrectly display "from (deleted)" when using auto-import feature, the display is now identical to the main feed. [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue where member's website and social details were hidden [#cloud]
  • Removed sign-up for our built-in affiliate program and instead directed people towards our affiliate program on cj.com [#site]

October 1st
  • Fixed an issue where the feed widget did not respect pagination when using the "featured" data-type. [#cloud]
  • The fields in the edit member form are not longer auto-populating. [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue where unapproved members would appear in the new members widget. [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue where the follow button would appear in the hovercard, even though following was disabled. [#cloud]
  • Disapproved members profiles are now visible, but includes a message that they are no longer active. [#cloud]
  • Added a new support top-level page to making finding support resources easier. [#site]
    Edwin Rivera Team- I am wondering when do we expect major changes on this platform and re- focus on product development vs just fixing issues with cosmetic changes. We do really desire to develop strong communities and our businesses as you evolve; however we can not do it if your goals are not in alignment with our needs. I am customer since 2012 and I am not fulfilled to launch our community.
      James Clark Hey Edwin. First -- thanks for your desire to continue to use SocialEngine for building strong communities. We will be releasing the both SocialEngine Cloud and PHP roadmap around the launch of the new site. We anticipate this happening the next few weeks. As always we'd love to get any feedback you may have for what you'd like to see us focus on.
    seTweaks Is there a technical limitation in the application/database that won't allow you to make posts editable ?
    Rick Von Ruden Sure would be nice to see the SE Cloud development roadmap very soon. I really want to start a new cloud site but am waiting until I can see SE development plans for SE Cloud. Need member ability to edit posts and comments before I try SE Cloud again.
      Kimmie I 2nd this opinion. Waiting patiently.
      Rick Von Ruden P.S. Like your updates so far keep up the good work and get the edit feature added.
    Trieu Thanh Tuan I hope you guys consider to fix/update the issues. Thanks.
    http://community.socialengine.com/post/443771/url-rewrite-of-sec-is-not-optimize-for-google-or-other-search-en
    http://community.socialengine.com/post/1625969/option-to-view-full-and-minimize-button-in-posting-area
    Trieu Thanh Tuan Thanks so much. Great update.