Why must we buy Album, Groups yet they are part of Starter Package? (ickdo.org)
Question to SocialEngine owners/managers, why must we buy Albums Group yet they are part of Starter Package as stated here:
https://www.socialengine.com/buy-social-engine

Kyle Hello Trance. About a year ago we switched from a system where all plugins were available individually to a system where all plugins were available in the bundles listed at socialengine.com/buy-social-engine. When we made the switch we did not want to upset users who had already purchased SocialEngine under the assumption that they could purchase plugins individually, thus, we decided to grandfather in all existing customers. If a customer had an account prior to the change being made these customers are allowed to purchase plugins one at a time from the client store. If you would like to purchase SocialEngine with the new bundle pricing, that is no problem at all! Simply create a new account when purchasing your SocialEngine PHP license instead of purchasing under the same account used previously. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at support@socialengine.com.
    glosdata Hi Kyle, how about you also address my query. I bought the Starter package before the new rules you have described (which I have failed to grasp). This is the fact---the Starter Package includes Albums and Groups. I have Starter Package. Why are Albums and Groups not included when I download the SE script like before? Unless you can address this issue, I feel Social Engine is misleading customers --whether new or old. As an old customer, I feel that I am entitled to all the plugins which were part of the package when I bought it. Please tell me where I can get a refund for my $80.
    Trance Omega Albums and groups are part of the starter package and you do NOT need to purchase them. Just go to your account dashboard and you can download the add ons from there. The other add ons you do have to pay for and not al-la-carte unfortunately.
      glosdata Trance, thanks for your comment. I was unable to download them without buying. So I bought because I couldn't wait. Please see attached receipt below--among the six items I had to buy, two of them are Albums and Groups. SocialEngine has no customer support email or phone. I tried to reah them on fb and twitter--no response. I feel I am being robbed. Does anyone know how to reach social engine management? I need a refund on the two items.

-----------------------------------------
      Order Number : 205487383232
      Merchant Order ID : 55831

Webligo Developments LLC ( socialengine.com )

Contents of your purchase :

Cart ID : 55831
      Vendor Product ID : 55831
      Product Description : Vendor site cart purchase: Cart id 55831
      Product Name : Cart purchase: 55831
      Quantity : 1

Product ID : 342
      Vendor Product ID : video
      Product Name : Video Sharing Plugin

Product ID : 333
      Vendor Product ID : albums
      Product Name : Photo Albums Plugin

Product ID : 334
      Vendor Product ID : blogs
      Product Name : Blogs Plugin

Product ID : 339
      Vendor Product ID : groups
      Product Name : Groups Plugin

Product ID : 338
      Vendor Product ID : forum
      Product Name : Forum Plugin

Product ID : 337
      Vendor Product ID : events
      Product Name : Events Plugin

Total : $308.88
        Trance Omega Interesting. I am also on the starter package and downloaded albums and groups no problem just a couple of weeks ago. I did however want to get the forum plug in separately, but didn't want to pay the extra 150 odd dollars to upgrade the package just for one add on.
        Did you upgrade from starter package to professional? Otherwise would love to know how you managed to purchase those add ons individually.
        I have no problem contacting SE via their support ticket system and although they do reply late, that might be because I am in Hong Kong and time difference is huge.