Cloud Product Roadmap Announced (SocialEngine.com)
We are pumped to announce our SocialEngine Cloud Roadmap and look forward to your ongoing engagement with us.

Like most of you we are done waiting, so we are sharing a screenshot of the roadmap as our integration with the roadmap platform continues.

The platform is called Ramen.is which allows you to provide comments, input, vote and respond to polls. It's pretty cool. Our hope is to have the full integration completed in the next two weeks, so you can access the roadmap from your admin panel.

The Roadmap is not is a bug report or customer service platform. You can post questions or submit bugs here to this community.

It’s important to note this is also not a timeline of when exactly the next feature will be released. Rest assured, we are getting to items as fast as we can and now you can see our priorities.

What it is a great way for all of us to share our insights, exchange ideas and define priorities.

Some explanation to the SocialEngine Cloud Roadmap so we can better engage with each other.

Five Categories and Three Buckets
You will see there are five categories (Ideas, Planned, Being Developed, Deployed, Validated) where the content is grouped. Within those ideas there are three buckets (Next, Ready, Being Scoped) where we are giving insight to priorities or areas we are exploring.

Categories
Ideas: are exactly that, ideas for future development, features, etc.
Planned: features prioritized development work
Being Developed: currently in development
Deployed: have been released
Validated: fully functioning and no outstanding bug fixes needed

Buckets
Next: the top priority items for moving to the next category
Ready: estimates completed based on fully specified user stories and mock ups
Being Scope: user stories, mock ups and internal discussions underway

Image of Roadmap
As discussed work to complete the integration with Ramen is still underway. In the meantime we have posted an screenshot of the SocialEngine Cloud Roadmap for you to view.

For those of you running a SocialEngine Cloud site will follow up soon on how to access and engage with us on the SocialEngine Cloud Roadmap.
    seTweaks @James ( mentioning is not working )

Ramen looks nice but I think you could make yours with your own platform, with either SE Cloud or SE PHP. Categories can be categories as in SE Cloud, Buckets can be Post types and of course tasks can be posts. but I can see that right now its reasonable to focus on the main product not side projects.

What I'm trying to say may not be relevant to this topic. I'm just thinking out of the box, SE Cloud has a big potential to not just be -this- as a social networking platform. it can be many things, it can be even a framework for developers, maybe a "SaaS/Hosted framework" (which doesn't exist) for agile developments to create other products and name it something else, not just a "social network platform" as it's known to end users.

If you look at it as a developer's perspective, SE Cloud can be a framework for a ticketing system, it can be a file/image hosting, a video directory, a project collaboration tool and many other systems. with more features and private/white labeling SE Cloud the possibilities are endless! currently your targeting those who are looking to create a social network but with white labeling SE cloud as a hosted framework you can tap into developers market too and expand the company to the next level.

There will be issues, like locking in the developer into the framework but I'm sure there will be solutions.

I wish I had SE Cloud's source code and a few developers as this is not a one man's job :) haha sorry for the long post.
      Stepan Mazurov That already mostly exists with app.net, it would be pretty hard to re-position ourselves as a social framework
        seTweaks Yes, app.net is doing something similar but again focusing on social apps. re-positioning SocialEngine is definitely difficult and I'm not talking about re-positioning. SocialEngine is doing good and progressing. I'm saying you have this great platform, I don't know how much modular is the backend but I think it has a great potential to be used to add a new position/product to Room 214.

I'm sure this is not easy at all and you're swamped with current developments but it can be a future product of Room 214 by using your current product as the base.
      James Clark [73,seTweaks] great take on the possibilities of SocialEngine Cloud as a SaaS/Hosted framework. We love the thought process.