Social Engine Down Today
Hi There,
We love the SE cloud but we do have some problems so far as we developing the community. Today our site including SE sites are down for 10 hours. We did not get any email notification warning site owners. When the sites are down I couldn't be able to contact anyone to ask the status. I have tried to come here and post but even this community is down. Is there any alternative for this? can we host our cloud site on some other servers to avoid this kind of problems once we grow? or SE is taking any precautions to rectify this problem?

It seems that the bugs are not fixed yet. I thought this update fixes the bugs (for voting feature etc). Still the voting feature doesn't work if you scroll down to second page and vote on any posts. Could you please give some update here. Look forward to see more social/interaction features for board theme. Thanks for reading.
    monti 10 hours!? thats a deal breaker for me whether they gave me a notification or not...
    JAG We are already running our cloud website for more than 2 weeks and loving it. Heaps of posts and new members are joining everyday. No doubt this is one of the best solution from Social Engine. But like everyone else mentioned 10 hours of no communication is not good at all. We got few messages on Facebook from members and they were not happy about not notifying them before the maintenance.
    So please its best if we can be notified before any maintenance is scheduled.

Thanks
      Kimmie Absolutely [5005,JAG] and well said. This is definitely the better solution for my needs over SEPHP. SEPHP is way too slow and I really love Cloud. It was a hiccup and I'm loyal to Cloud. SE, I forgive you LOL :-).
        JAG LOL. Kim thanks for forgiving me :)
          Kimmie You are so welcome [5005,JAG] . Have a Blessed New Years...
    Kimmie We should have definitely been notified that our sites were going down. Glad my site is not launched as of yet, because this would have been embarrassing. SE, you should have notified us in a timely fashion so that site owners can inform their members and look professional as a new site. Instead, everyone was made to look untrustworthy to their members. (At least in my humble opinion). I don't know about other site owners but I would want to notify members about upcoming "Maintenance" at least two days in advance.
    Not cool! :-(

(Wow, first time upset with SE and also waiting for an explanation).
    Arnfinn Ingebrigtsen Is there still some problems? having long load time now on my site. I am working on a new theme and it slows down the progress.
      Robin You're using CSS and Addons from another source. This can reduce your performance. I faced it some times with Pinit ...
    sunny @eugene I really like SE cloud and I am sure I don't want to go for PHP. All we need is notifications from SE if there is any maintenance in advance. Also it's really not good idea to keep sites down for almost 9 hours. I also use other services like SE cloud, for example big commerce is one of them. They do have regular maintenance but they keep it to 30 minutes or less. I hope many other members are loving the SE cloud board theme here. We look forward to see less problems and more features from SE. This really helps both of us to grow together.
      Eugene In this case a separated forum or community might be an alternative.
      Like socialenginebase.net and socialenginemechanic.com were before. Or official SE blog, but it's swamped with negative comments without replies.
    Eugene [4754,sunny] the best alternative right now is to use SE PHP. If you won't overload the server with plugins you can have it running on mid. level VPS.

In case you are looking for pinterest-style layout there are plugins for that (ex. Masonry addon).
    Though, there are no threaded discussions addon. But we will gladly help you if you want it.

Keeping things on your own server gives you full responsibility for website, but also it gives you 100% control. If there is a problem you don't need to wait for 10 hours. No service will give you full up-time guarantee - even gmail goes down sometimes. But with your own hosting you at least have controls in your hands.