April 2015 Release Notes
April 30th
  • Post editing is now possible. To enable, navigate to Settings -> Posts, scroll down to Allow Editing Posts and select the most appropriate setting for your community. All communities default to no editing allowed.
  • We have changed the way Facebook invites are done, if you had Facebook invites disabled due to the version of Facebook app you were using, they"re once again re-enabled.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented you from previewing your templates.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented news widget from displaying in the admin dashboard 

April 27th
  • Changed category dropdown in the menu widget to display even if your cloud community only has one category
  • Improved social sign-in to remove some common errors and display information to the user
  • Fixed posting to Twitter and Facebook by removing outdated google url shortener. 
  • Fixed empty domain error when using admin API.

April 17th
  • Improved duplicate detection in our Twitter Post importer
  • Added a basic SSO implementation. Let us know your feedback
  • Enabled access to our Roadmap for all customers
  • Added some dimensional constraints on uploaded site logos
  • Fixed user photo thumbnails in majority of places where they show up to be properly cropped

April 11th
  • Fixed ability to edit templates that did not have URLs [#cloud]
  • Improved error messages when uploading a new template file [#cloud]
  • Fixed ability to reset domains through our admin API [#cloud]
  • Cleaned up and reorganized internal services, added easy ability to integrate external services to cloud admin, first one is doorbell.io powering our "send feedback" functionality [#cloud, #feedback]
  • Removed ability to change a page name (title can still be modified) when creating or editing templates, this eliminates a few bugs that would crop up with templates [#cloud]

April 9th

• Fixed an issue in which removing integration hashtags could cause settings to break [#cloud]
  • Fixed an issue where you could not clear your custom domain. The code responsible for "Sites Info" page has been overhauled [#cloud]
  • Improved the social sign-on code to be less prone to erroring after failed login attempts [#cloud]

April 6th
  • Made members page respect labels and longer titles, in most cases members should now respect the grid [#cloud]
  • Fixed a redirect loop if domains contained capital letters, we now make lowercase standard [#cloud]
  • Fixed an error that would prevent admins from seeing their dashboard if a member who commented on a status update was later deleted [#cloud]
  • Added an explanation if you tried to delete an active theme that you cannot do that [#cloud]
  • Internally, we've made a lot of code better, for a fresher, higher standard codebase [#cloud, #nerdy]
    James Clark Congrats on the team for getting post editing out.
    Trieu Thanh Tuan Please consider to add this function to our platform. You guys should be a user and understand what are the problems that we are facing. http://community.onsocialengine.com/post/1625969/option-to-view-full-and-minimize-button-in-posting-area
    Rick Von Ruden Any update on the member edit posts feature?
      Stepan Mazurov Just released! And I used it to edit this post, so meta.
        Trieu Thanh Tuan There is a bug in this feature. After editing a photo post, it will turn to topic post (lost the photo).
          Stepan Mazurov Can you please open a ticket with more information, which post you edited that switched, what was the content before, etc. Changing image should not make the post suddenly change type.
            Trieu Thanh Tuan Thanks for response. I would be nice if you can add featured post in edition area for mod and admin.
            • 0 1 vote
            Stepan Mazurov [1450,Trieu Thanh Tuan] featured posts is really a backend type functionality, we don't want to expose it to the users, so please use the admin edit post page to designate posts as featured. I know its not ideal, but we have higher priorities at the moment.
            • 0 1 vote
            Trieu Thanh Tuan Thanks. Editing post is great but you need to fix some bugs or add some features in the function, for example we can not make a post to featured and no way to add a post to user list.
            • 0 1 vote
    Stepan Mazurov New release is out, lots of cool changes in this one, including SSO and access to our Roadmap!
    seTweaks The tip box that appears on mouse over on members photo/username with the follow button is not showing up anymore.
      Stepan Mazurov I dont think the hovercard is needed on the member page, most of the information is on that page is already, and the follow/send message button still appears in my testing.
        seTweaks Did you test it in Chrome? it works in FireFox but not in Chrome for me and I don't see any JS errors in the console.
          seTweaks My bad. I had my user agent set on a mobile device. It's working!