"Use As" for posting content, etc.
The ability to post content "as" something else (other than the logged-in user) would be helpful.  Although this may be more of a 'hook' for 3rd-Party devs to tie into, it may be useful to those that only use SE by itself as well.The purpose is to enable users to post as themselves, or post as the Group (with the ability to select which group of course).  I assumed this ability was common in SE (and other CMS) but I've realized it isn't. My guess is that some of the 3rd-Party devs would then build from this since some of them have Plugins to expand on the "group" concept, but allowing more advanced group functionality, or the ability to have groups & pages (named "Pages" or whatever the Site-ADMIN wishes them to be called), etc.  The ability to "like" and post content as being done so by  the "group" or "page" instead of "me" is very beneficial.  Other thoughts/suggestions/enhancements to this idea are welcome.
    SocialEngine PHP MGR Hi [185918,gs], thanks for reaching out. We've gone through your query but we're sorry to say that we do not have any plan to implement this currently. But as you've mentioned that there are a few Advanced Groups and Pages systems available as 3rd party addons in market. So, you may use those plugins for this purpose as some of those provide such features. Thanks.
      gs Thanks for the update, but I was afraid of that bad news. This will have to be a custom dev. The only way around it when I use SEAO Plugins is to have the user create multiple individual accounts to manage multiple Groups/Pages/Business listings, and then login/logout (which really isn't a viable solution - I can't expect any user to go through all of that, or constantly keep track of "who" they are before each and every post). I was just hoping that I missed something with SE or if it didn't exist that it was being considered for future release. Oh well. Thanks anyway.