Apps reviews
We had one of apps submitted for review last week, but it was rejected last night with the reason "Don't include links in description."

Nowhere in the submission process there were such requirements. The urls we have used were for the demo link and for the installation process link

I wonder if there are plans to improve the apps review process. The review itself is pretty time consuming, yet rules are not clearly stated anywhere.

gs [231316,Donna] ,
    Will the MarketPlace eventually link Devs and Plugins like it used to? In the past when looking at a Plugin/Theme, I could select the Dev Name and it would link to the Dev page with all their other Plugins/Themes listed. This was very useful to me - especially during the early months when I was scoping out SE and building the list of Plugins I would require (and building my list of questions for Devs and customizations required).

I may have missed this so I apologize in advance if I did.

Thanks.
      Donna Hi [185918,gs] and Merry Christmas Eve! :) Popped in a sec to answer.

This is on our list of improvements as I also noticed it last week when trying to search. Our team said they had it on the list to improve. I hope we will have this improvement done soon (after the holidays).

Have a great weekend!
    seTweaks Another issue in the review process is that the reviewer could list all the rejection reasons in one rejection instead of rejecting the listing multiple times for a single reason in each rejection email and forcing us to submit the listing multiple times. If we knew all the rejection reasons in one rejection email, we could fix it all at once and not get frustrated with rejections after rejections!
    • 0 1 vote
      Donna Hi,

Thank you for your feedback seTweaks and Eugene. As I only started in plugin approvals this week, I am learning as I go for a few things. If you got two rejections this week, I apologize for my not knowing some of the things we approve and don't approve. It will get better though and I already went through over 100 plugins these past few days. We hope the process will smooth out as we fix issues we find and improve other things also.

I will be working on submission documentation after the plugins are all approved, or after it's at a more manageable level for the rest of the team to keep up with while documentation is in the works.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We hope you have great sales in the new market as it really looks amazing!
      Eugene I fully agree! As we had exactly the same problem.
    SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] We too have submitted our app more than a week ago, but the status till now is Pending Review. Also when we submitted the app, the description was not coming fine on the front end, but there does not seem to be any timeline for this review process and until when we have to wait.
    Many times we got the error on sites:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.
      Donna Hi [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] ,

Thanks for posting. We apologize for the review time. We have a lot of apps to review and are working through it. Monday, I'll also start helping review apps so things should start picking up in that area with another set of eyes on it. :)

For the 503 issue, if it's for our site, please submit a ticket with as much detail as you can so our developers can look into the situation. I've not seen the error myself so it would be harder for me to provide our team the info we need in order to troubleshoot.
        SocialEngineSolutions @Donna Any luck on getting reviews imported for approved apps too?
        I see other apps getting all reviews imported, but ours is not imported. See here: https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/advanced-videos-channels-plugin .

We will be submitting more apps soon, what about the review import process for them as well.
          Donna As far as I know, all reviews were imported. I had answered in another thread that reviews only show on profiles and products that are not "hidden" for those that participated in the beta release. If you did participate, and if your profile is not hidden and the product is not hidden, please send a support ticket to our team with something such as "Marketplace Reviews Not Imported" as the subject so we can look into it. In the description, please be as specific as you can as to which product or products are not showing the imported reviews if they are not hidden products.
            Donna [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] as far as I know, you should have your reviews imported. I'll ask and see though.
            • 0 2 votes
            Donna [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] no need for a ticket. Our team will be migrating the reviews once we fix a snag we hit when doing them. Sorry for the inconvenience.
            • 0 1 vote
            SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] I was just compiling an email to SE support, but I will prefer to wait for your reply here.
            • 0 1 vote
            SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] Since reviews on our Profile have been imported, we are sure we participated in beta release. But, if the condition is that the apps also should have been submitted in beta release, then this is some other case, as our profile was approved after many days of main site launch.

Please let me know if we are still eligible for the imported reviews.
            • 0 1 vote
        Eugene We had a similar issue with submissions. Except instead of error description changes were not saved.

The issue occurred randomly (no error message). Support currently asks for the screenshot, which we can't provide.
    Donna Hi Eugene,

Links can't go in the descriptions, https://www.socialengine.com/experts, see the FAQ section, but we do allow them in the https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/advanced-messages-plugin app support section as shown on that plugin.

Hope that helps. :)
    • 0 1 vote
      Eugene Thanks Donna. It will be great to have those rules on the submission page itself.

Also following requirements are fuzzy:

- "Upload a logo with good dimensions..." which dimensions are good?
      - "Enter a description long enough to reach out to users..." Long enough? 300 symbols, 500, 1000, wall of text?

Are there plans to speed up the review process? Reviews are done once a week. In case of any problem - we have to resubmit and wait another week.
        Donna Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, as I mentioned I will be helping to approve apps. I formerly managed the phpFox store and approved all apps there myself so I am sure that I can be of help here with reviewing add ons. :)

As for your feedback, I will try to remember to post that to the team when I start work later today. Thank you!
    Donna Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry the process is a bit more difficult right now with the newly launched certified marketplace. We hope things smooth out soon. I've asked about the link requirement in order to provide more information for this post. I'll update this once I learn anything more about it.