How to Clean Private Messages?
Hello,

There is some way to delete private messages without use the database?

The cometchat did a huge mess in my website due the enconding charset and now there is several "junk" messages in the private messages from SE.
    Donna This would be a great feature request. This should be able to be added to the task scheduler on a set schedule but it could cause users to lose messages they wanted to save.
      Sieg In my case I need this feature because cometchat did a great mess. I am afraid of delete directly in database since I believe that this information is not stored only in a single table but in several tables like notification.
        Donna Did it save things as any "cometchat" sort of details? If so, you might be able to delete just the records with "cometchat" in them.
          Sieg No, it didnt. Seems that every message that I post in cometchat is also posted also the message table and the opposite also. The problem is that cometchat is not handling correctly accents and is messing my private message area with several weird characters. I already contact they and they fixed only some accents, they also said that are unable to fix message posted before the fix and I dont want to have this ugly messages in my website.
            Donna I'm not sure if our support does that sort of thing but you could inquire about it. I mean cleaning it up.
            • 0 1 vote