SocialEngine 4.9 Release! - SocialEngine | SocialEngine Blog (blog.socialengine.com)
Are you ready! We've released 4.9!! We know it's been a long wait but we are sure you'll be pleased with this release. It's beautiful, responsive and compatible with PHP7. So many improvements, fixes and features added to help you grow your communities.

Here's a video tour as well:

https://youtu.be/rfffEjUmAvI

Feedback is always welcome. :) 

Thank you for your help with bugs and feature requests!

Gabry Hello , can anybody tell me in which file i can find the next code ?
    var updateNotificationsMenuPositions = function() {
    if( !DetectMobileQuick() ) {
    var pulldown = $('core_mini_updates_pulldown').getElement('.pulldown_contents_wrapper');
    var coordinates = pulldown.getCoordinates();
    if( coordinates.left + coordinates.width + 100 - window.getSize().x > 0 ) {
    pulldown.setStyle('marginLeft', -(coordinates.width - updateElement.getCoordinates().width));
    }
    }
    };

When i debug firebug i receive ReferenceError: DetectMobileQuick is not defined and is giving me this code .
    Gabry Hello, it looks that my problem with the error on the minimenu notification icon has been solved after i installed Adv. Wall Plugin from SEAO ... now when i click on notification icon is not loading forever and is opening without giving DetectMobileQuick is not defined error ... but remains the question , why on a fresh install the icon don't want to open and after i install adv wall is working good ?
      Donna It's working on my live demo and on the SE demo. Perhaps there is a plugin that has outdated code that needs updating. Is it working fine for you on our demo?
        Gabry Yes on your demo is working fine ...is strange for me because i made a fresh install of everything including Centos, Cpanel, SE 4.9 and after install it started direct with this problem ...i have talked with my VPS hosting team and all is good from there ...of course now after upgrade i have some problems because of EasyApache 4 that not allow installing of ffmpeg ,APC, memcache or Imagick .... also some of the things are working with PHP 7 some of them not so i have to still use an old version ...is a little disappointing for me this start after so much waiting but i will try to deal with them ...thank you for your reply.
          Donna I suggest sending a ticket to our support. If it's not a bug, you would need to pay for support if you don't have it. It could be that the server isn't set up for all of the requirements or that we need to update it for specific servers if a lot have the same issue. We can't update requirements for every configuration as there are too many to consider.
      Gabry It look that SEAO have implemented in adv wall plugin an option
      Advanced Notification Updates
      Do you want to enable attractive, advanced notification updates in the mini navigation menu of your website. (Enabling this will replace the existing notification updates with the advanced one.)
      If i enable this, the notification icon is working and i still have the same menu from insignia, if i disable then the notification icon loads forever without opening. Strange ?
    SocialEngineSolutions @Donna: We are facing issue with the "Display: Block" in below CSS written in the Main.css of the Core plugin:

.layout_left a, .layout_right a {
    display: block;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }

Can you check at your end the <a> tags in side bard widget? The layout seems to be broken.
      PoeticJustice Interesting :S
      Donna I have no idea as I'm not experiencing any issues with the blocks or my products. I do know that we have issues we are seeing for third party products that aren't updated causing our own css not to load. We are making something to improve that part of things so that if a product is not updated, it won't break our script. Do you see any issue on our demo for the block?

My site and my own demo site seem fine.
    PoeticJustice To post a gif, does it auto connect to giphy or do you post the gif url as a link, then post it?
      Donna I don't know. I post a gif image. I don't do any url posting of gif images so I've not tried that. Sorry.
    PoeticJustice noticed issues on the demo site

its displaying this on this page https://demo.socialengine.com/activity/notifications
    if logged in as a user

Fatal error: Uncaught Zend_Log_Exception: Unable to write to stream in /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php:135 Stack trace: #0 /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Abstract.php(88): Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->_write(Array) #1 /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log.php(464): Zend_Log_Writer_Abstract->write(Array) #2 /app/application/libraries/Engine/Api.php(698): Zend_Log->log('[2] session_wri...', 4) #3 [internal function]: Engine_Api::handleError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/app/applicatio...', 732, Array) #4 /app/application/libraries/Zend/Session.php(732): session_write_close() #5 /app/application/modules/Core/Model/DbTable/Session.php(218): Zend_Session::writeClose() #6 [internal function]: Core_Model_DbTable_Session->__destruct() #7 {main} thrown in /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php on line 135
      Donna thanks for reporting that. I'll alert the team.
        SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] We have this issue of session.

Do you have fix for this?

The one you are referring is about multi select.
          PoeticJustice this is the thread regarding the issue they experienced, which i mentioned to you.

Id love this community to use SE PHP rather than SE Cloud, its much harder finding replies to threads etc
            PoeticJustice extra love..... stop hitting on [231316,Donna] geeeez.... whats ur snapchat lol
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna extra love? more attention from us? :) re: extra emails
            • 0 1 vote
            PoeticJustice Awesome, it seems two emails get sent out for just one action
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna We are working on something for this community.
            • 0 1 vote
    PoeticJustice [231316,Donna] i didnt see any mention of the fix for multiselect in https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-issues/issues/580

when reading the release notes, it mentioned the multiselect for ios issue was fixed https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-issues/issues/536

but not 580, you did mention in a message it has been addressed, but im not seeing reference to fix or its files
      Donna The issue is fixed for my tests.It might be we missed adding it to our changelog file as there were so many fixes. :)
      Donna Issue 580 is in the changelog under User module fixes. It is linked to that github as well. It shows in the list as "Fixed issues with multi select on search."

I am viewing the changelog linked in the blog above.
        Donna [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] please check the changelog for the reference I mentioned. :)
          PoeticJustice Found it, ill test these files also, as very important to moving forward

application/modules/Fields/Model/DbTable/Search.php
          Fixed issue with multi select filter on search
            Donna I hope that's it. Not 100% sure. Try it and see.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna application/modules/User/controllers/IndexController.php
            • 0 1 vote
            PoeticJustice Oh ok
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna I believe there are more than one files. There might be two files.
            • 0 1 vote
      SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] : We are also facing the same issue, so can you please provide us the fix log?
        Donna I can see if I can find which files we changed for this.
        Donna I don't have that but you can use diffmerge or beyond compare to find all of the files. As this works fine in all of our test sites, we are not sure what the issue could be on your tests.
          SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] : We are using only SE and PHP 7 and facing below issue:

Uncaught Zend_Log_Exception: Unable to write to stream in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php:135
          Stack trace:
          #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Abstract.php(88): Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->_write(Array)
          #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/libraries/Zend/Log.php(464): Zend_Log_Writer_Abstract->write(Array)
          #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/libraries/Engine/Api.php(698): Zend_Log->log('[2] session_wri...', 4)
          #3 [internal function]: Engine_Api::handleError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/Applications/X...', 732, Array)
          #4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/libraries/Zend/Session.php(732): session_write_close()
          #5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/modules/Core/Model/DbTable/Session.php(218): Zend_Session::writeClose()
          #6 [internal function]: Core_Model_DbTable_Session->__destruct()
          #7 {main}
          thrown in <b>/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/test/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php</b> on line <b>135</b><br />

Did you also faced the same issue?
            PoeticJustice [231316,Donna] What [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] are saying, is they are facing an issue that i found and notified you about social engines demo site.

I reported on here that an error message was shown at the bottom of certain pages, it delivered the page but showed this

Fatal error: Uncaught Zend_Log_Exception: Unable to write to stream in /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php:135 Stack trace: #0 /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Abstract.php(88): Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->_write(Array) #1 /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log.php(464): Zend_Log_Writer_Abstract->write(Array) #2 /app/application/libraries/Engine/Api.php(698): Zend_Log->log('[2] session_wri...', 4) #3 [internal function]: Engine_Api::handleError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/app/applicatio...', 732, Array) #4 /app/application/libraries/Zend/Session.php(732): session_write_close() #5 /app/application/modules/Core/Model/DbTable/Session.php(218): Zend_Session::writeClose() #6 [internal function]: Core_Model_DbTable_Session->__destruct() #7 {main} thrown in /app/application/libraries/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php on line 135

which is exactly what SES are saying, only dif I saw the above on Social engines live demo site, and they are seeing it on their personal xamp site hosted locally.

Think they asking what was changed when i reported seeing it
            • 0 2 votes
            Donna [508,PoeticJustice] php 7 I think but I don't recall. It will be fixed for next release.
            • 0 1 vote
            PoeticJustice [231316,Donna] you say you was able to reproduce, is this 4.9 related or php7 related?

ie 4,9 fine on php5.6
            issue only 4.9 on php7
            or 4.9 in general?
            • 0 1 vote
            SocialEngineSolutions [231316,Donna] : Okay, we will wait for the next release to get the fix as we are facing the issue when we have only SE installed on our local server.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna Forgot to tag [176288,SocialEngineSolutions] we will have a fix coming next release for those having this intermittent issue.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna [508,PoeticJustice] we had that before on the demo but we fixed the server issue.

However, I was just able to reproduce this but I see that our team has a fix for next release.

Thanks! :)
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna Not on a fresh install. Only with unupdated third party products. My local are using php 7.1 and our live demo is as well. The only upgrade that had problems in the 7 locals that I updated was the one that had a third party product that had a "core" part to it. That caused an issue for me.
            • 0 1 vote
    Gabry The mini menu looks very nice now , but will be more nice if it will have also an icon for friends request and not use the same notification icon ! Just an idea maybe for the next update :D
      PoeticJustice if its fontawesome [77,Gabry] it will be easy to change in core files, its prob in the css file on the menu editor, just replace the code for what you prefer
        Gabry No no, i mean that the friend requests appears on the same notification icon , we don't have a separate icon for friend request for example like facebook has or other advanced mini menus on the market that have icon for notifications,icon for friend requests and icon for messages.
          PoeticJustice ohhhh so they have consolidated them into one? hmmmmmmmm
          PoeticJustice I have a separate friend request icon seperate to notifications
          Donna Oh. That would be a feature request. :) I thought you meant the icon itself.
            Gabry Yes just a separate icon for friends request :D
            • 0 1 vote
      Donna You can easily change menu icons with font-awesome just by following the updated Menu tutorial. :) It's changed right in Admin for menus. http://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1658306-admin-panel---layout-&gt;-menu-editor and also this one http://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2771313-enabling-vertical-menus?b_id=14386
    Gabry Congratulations for the release, i just made a fresh install and all looks amazing ... but i have found a small problem after some check on mini menu notifications icon... if you don't have any new notification but you click the notification icon, it will stay forever on LOADING with that circle turning .. can anybody else check this and confirm ? Thank you !
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2w55c0y&s=9#.WO-TZaIlGUk
      Donna I'm not able to reproduce that issue on my upgraded site. It's a clone of my main site. Using chrome browser. I'll try with firefox.
      Gabry Forgot to say that this problem does not appear on all pages .. if you access for example Messages page it will do it ! As i can see Browse members page, settings page, messages page is making this problem... profile page or members home page is not ...
        Donna I didn't have the issue just now on the demo. Perhaps I'm not testing it right? I'm using Chrome on a Macbook pro.
          Gabry I am using latest Firefox .. i just try it also on Chrome and is the same
      Donna Hi Gabry!

Thanks for posting. :)

Do you see this issue at our https://demo.socialengine.com ?
        Gabry Here is another example, i am on Edit my profile page and i am trying to open notifications and is just turning forever ... can you please help me with this ? Is a fresh install of SE , i don;t understand why is doing this ...
        http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=214tft&s=9#.WO-ugqIlGUk
    Eugene Congrats with the stable release!
    Sieg Now it's time to upgrade the development site and seem seen how many errors we will get :D
  • 37 more comments