Documention (support.socialengine.com)
This page is lacking and I would like to ask it be extended on, or get a question I have answered here.
http://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2019547-moving-your-website-to-another-server?b_id=14386

What about those of us who want to wipe all custom code from our software and start fresh but not lose any of our users profiles/content/pms/photos etc?What database and such would we need to export and import,

The documentation above just has you move 'export' everything but doesn't mention what does what, or affects what

Lets say I put up a Dev site with a fresh install of 4.9, I have it on php7.1 and everything seems to be working, I want to make that my new live and just keep all of our content and settings for all the base SE stuff, What would we need to do to do this .
    Spirit Silverwind Just installed SE 4.9 on a new server configuration and tried to upload albums and groups and it said certain permissions are not set that was not listed in the install guide or on the documentation at https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2777304-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions?b_id=14386

applications/modules is missing from both the install guide and the above link, and needs to be 777.... Please correct the Documentation and include all the permissions correctly.... and in the right order >.>....
      Donna I've asked a core developer and they said that folder is not required to be at 777. We will do more testing.
      Donna Thanks for making us aware of that. We'll get it updated.
    Donna This thought just came to mind and it's a bit different than you are wanting but if you have someone skilled in PHP and this script, that person could probably take one of the importers (the SE3 to Se4 would probably be best) and see how the script imports the users/content and change it some so it's importing from se3 to se4. If that one wouldn't do it, then check the Ning importer just to see the code.
      Donna I had a typo. "change it some so it's importing from se3 to se4" should be "se4 to se4."