Duplicate profile questions in php
I wanted to create several networks based on the members state. So when creating the profile questions I created a select box with all 50 U.S. states. I then duplicated the profile and made 8 separate member types. I now noticed that when connecting to the network that state shows multiple times.

How can I remove the duplicate profile questions?
    Brandon Buchanan I figured out how to fix it last night to work for my network needs. You create the question once with ADD Question. And then when you want to add the same question to a new member type you select ADD QUESTION then select DUPLICATE EXISTING and select the question you created. If you decide to edit this question later. It will actually give you a notification that it will edit the question each time it appears.
      Donna That's a great tip for people. I did add the feature request to improve this as many will just choose to duplicate the profile type.
    Brandon Buchanan Did you copy the entire address? For some reason only a portion was hyperlinked.

I created a member type.
    And wanted to use STATE as the repeated question for all memeber types. Reason for this is because STATE will be used to determine the network for each member type for ad campaign purposes.
    After I created a member type I created a new member type and duplicated the profile. And changed everything except the STATE.
    All member types were created and was ready to create my networks.
    When creating my networks I noticed that STATE was shown multiple times. Which creates the question of which STATE do you select.

Another way to see the multiple duplicates. Is when creating a new question in profile questions. You can select Create New or Duplicate Existing. Under Duplicate Existing you will notice multiple duplicate entries.
    Donna Oh I think I see what you mean. In admin when I'm setting up a Network and choose for them to automatically be in one based on the selection, these all are in a long list and there's no way to see which profile type they go with. Is that what you mean?
      Brandon Buchanan Yes, exactly. I really want to delete the duplicate entries. Wish I had a way to delete questions the same as you can add them.
        Donna I don't think they are duplicate entries. I think they go to each profile type. In admin, if that is where you are looking, you should see the same number of that State as you have profile types. If so, each one corresponds with one of the types. Most likely, in the order that you created the types.
          Donna If this is what you mean, this should be improved as it is very hard to determine what is what. I can add a feature request for our team to discuss how to implement that.
            Donna Try changing each State on each profile type just slightly so you know how to differentiate them for now. Such as State1 or something.
            • 0 1 vote
            Brandon Buchanan Yes. Thank You
            • 0 1 vote
    Donna I hate to ask but can you give step by step instructions to reproduce this issue? I

1. added a profile question State and added some states to Regular member level under the Personal Information heading.
    2. I added a profile type Jedi and duplicated Regular.
    3. I added another profile type Sith and duplicated Jedi.
    4. I went and registered and only see one State heading to choose a state in.

Did I do that correctly?
    Brandon Buchanan https://assistly-production.s3.amazonaws.com/190091/ticket_attachments/293666627/duplicate_original.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJNSFWOZ6ZS23BMKQ&Expires=1492616215&Signature=cWWZn3nWRHUZyZJ1GnES8EtafTs%3D&response-content-disposition=filename%3D"duplicate.png"&response-content-type=image%2Fpng

Hopefully the above assists with my explanation. Notice how the same question is duplicated. Therefore when you attempt to select the question when creating a network you have several multiples or duplicates and makes it hard to distinguish which question to select.
    For instance, in my case the question I want to use for my network is STATE however if there are 8 duplicates of STATE it can become difficult to distinguish which to select.
    Donna Hi Brandon,

Do you mean that all 50 states show multiple times for every member type? Or does the State heading show multiple times? Is this 4.8.13 or 4.9?