New users unable to sign up?
Has anyone had this issue on PHP? Every time we've tested it we get a different error code. First the captcha stopped displaying, we fixed that, now a user can get to the final steps of the sign up process, and then it fails for the user and says to contact the system administrator. 

Anyone else experienced this?
    Donna What errors are you seeing with development mode enabled or in your error log?

Are you using third party plugins?

What version of SEPHP are you using?

What version of PHP is on the server?

My live site and demo are not experiencing issues and my local installs are not but it's possible there is some other step you have enabled that I have not in my testing so it would also help to know your sign up routine (settings).

Thank you!
    • 0 1 vote
      TV Thanks for the reply, Donna. :)

Here's the error we're getting in dev mode:

exception 'Zend_File_Transfer_Exception' with message 'The given destination is not a directory or does not exist' in /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/File/Transfer/Adapter/Abstract.php:1035
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element/File.php(506): Zend_File_Transfer_Adapter_Abstract->setDestination('/home/tamr763/p...', 'Filedata')
      #1 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element.php(375): Zend_Form_Element_File->setDestination('/home/tamr763/p...')
      #2 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element.php(253): Zend_Form_Element->setOptions(Array)
      #3 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(1125): Zend_Form_Element->__construct('Filedata', Array)
      #4 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(256): Zend_Form->createElement('File', 'Filedata', Array)
      #5 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(1035): Engine_Form->createElement('File', 'Filedata', Array)
      #6 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(239): Zend_Form->addElement('File', 'Filedata', Array)
      #7 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/User/Form/Signup/Photo.php(51): Engine_Form->addElement('File', 'Filedata', Array)
      #8 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(240): User_Form_Signup_Photo->init()
      #9 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(138): Zend_Form->__construct(NULL)
      #10 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/Core/Plugin/FormSequence/Abstract.php(71): Engine_Form->__construct()
      #11 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(162): Core_Plugin_FormSequence_Abstract->getForm()
      #12 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(44): Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->doView()
      #13 [internal function]: Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->direct()
      #14 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(328): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #15 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(50): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->__call('formSequence', Array)
      #16 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(50): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->formSequence()
      #17 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): User_SignupController->indexAction()
      #18 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
      #19 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
      #20 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
      #21 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
      #22 /home/tamr763/public_html/application/index.php(214): Engine_Application->run()
      #23 /home/tamr763/public_html/index.php(24): include('/home/tamr763/p...')
      #24 {main}

We are using some third party plugins (SEAO and one from Radcodes, but it's a small little one that just allows us to hand out badges) but we haven't made any major changes to our plugins or site in general in at least a four weeks and this only just started happening this week.

We're using SEPHP 4.8.12 right now. We haven't upgraded yet because we had some customization done back in August that we have to sort through and the badge plugin isn't compatible yet anyway.

The server's PHP version is 5.6.30.

I admit I'm a little stupid when it comes to the code, so it's very likely I'm missing something simple. But this line in the error...

"'The given destination is not a directory or does not exist' in /home/tamr763/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/File/Transfer/Adapter/Abstract.php:1035"

sounds troubling and I'm not sure why that would suddenly be an issue.
        Donna You might need a support ticket if checking folder permissions doesn't help. http://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2777304-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions?b_id=14386 that article shows what we recommend for file and folder permissions. Can you double check to make sure the perms are ok on your files and folders? Sometimes server updates can change permissions.

If that doesn't help, you'll probably need to send a support ticket from your account but that would require you to have a support plan subscription if you don't already. I did check that line in my own file and it just checks that the folder exists for the function being performed. If perms are bad, it might not be able to access the file it needs.
          TV Thanks for the advice and article, Donna. I have contacted our host to verify our permissions.

I sure hope we don't need to subscribe to a support plan since we haven't made any changes!
            Donna Hi TV,

The online question was mentioned in our Github, https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-issues/issues/591 and our technician mentioned to check the Task Scheduler as it checks based on intervals set there. Hope that helps! :)
            • 0 1 vote
            TV They were able to change the permissions enough that it would allow new members to sign up, yes! But the Members Online and Chat features still seem to be out of sync somehow. For instance, my the SE native chat reads that there are 36 members online, yet the widget on the member home page reads that there are only 2-8 at a time, which I know us not accurate since I'll see members actively participating on the feed that are not listed as online. It's so weird! I tried removing and re-adding the widget, flushing the cache, no idea what is causing that.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna Was your host able to resolve the permission issue?
            • 0 1 vote
            TV Ah, we don't use it. Or I never have in any event and wouldn't have the foggiest idea on how to configure it. Maybe our host does.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna It's actually easier by ftp if you can use filezilla. It has an option to check for recursive.
            • 0 1 vote
            TV Thanks Donna! I have sent them the list and am hoping they will change it. I'm just unclear how to set it recursively. There's a text box next to each folder and it's listed as 0777 or 0644. So I'm not 100% clear on how to set it as recursive.

http://imgur.com/AadrpWE

Unless you think manually changing those subfolders is sufficient?
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna Perhaps send your host that list of permissions I sent you and have them change the permissions.

It's not hard to change permissions but some need to be done recursively (meaning the files and folders inside the folder also need to change) and some don't. There is a setting when changing permissions to check to change them recursively (for the ones that need it). If you are not comfortable doing it, most hosts will do it for you. The one I use does for those that need it.
            • 0 1 vote
            TV Thanks, Donna. I think I found the place in cpanel where I need to change things... I'm only nervous about changing it because I'm worried that in so doing something else might break! What's the risk factor here? Relatively minimal? I cannot express enough that I really don't know what I'm doing here. We migrated from Ning back in August and the adjustment period has been a little rough for our members. The last thing I want to do is break something else.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna Your error below shows that the folder perms changed and need to be changed back as the article I linked. I think once they do that, your site will work again. :)
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna yeah cpanel can be a mess. I don't use it now where I host as it eats resources and updates cause so many issues on each script I use.
            • 0 1 vote
          • 4 more comments