SocialEngine PHP 4.9.2 Released! (blog.socialengine.com)
We've released 4.9.2! This version has some bug fixes and small improvements to current features. 

There are some critical instructions for upgrading. Please fully read the blog and follow the new upgrading instructions. The special patch in the blog won't be needed when upgrading versions above 4.9.2. 

Please be sure to back up your site files and database before upgrading. Our demo is already upgraded. :)
    Penny Room Host Well, I didn't know about any patch I just saw the upgrade available and installed it. Site works ok except the albums plug in isn't working correctly. Would the patch fix this? I already installed the albums upgrade as well. Should I install the patch now? Feeling out of the loop here.
    Hire-Experts I'm glad to tell that all the Hire-Experts plugins are compatible with Social Engine 4.9.2
    Don't miss a chance to grab 15% discount on http://www.Hire-Experts.com
    Mikel Coreclark hi, just a quick question.
    I'm just writing up my upgrade plan.
    The file [ social engine 4.9.2 ] does this go into my > public_html

thanks
    mikel
      Donna Please check the upgrade instructions as our upgrades are easy. Just go to where it shows in the instructions for packages and plugins and you'll do everything there. No need to upload files manually. The patch was a different thing.
    MDNobles Hi Donna,

I'm not naming names, but what if an individual went to their SocialEngine Dashboard and said, "Oh, great, an upgrade!" and proceeded with the upgrade without knowing there was a patch? What then? Huh? Huh? ;)

Thanks,
    Michael
      Donna Well Michael,

"Unnamed" would be fine if it didn't show the settings files to replace. If it did show them, and if Unnamed proceeded, it would look like the entire site was deleted. They would definitely notice the issue right away. The site won't actually be deleted. Only the settings files would be and Unnamed would need to replace those. This patch fixes the issue for specific server configurations. Since we didn't know who has these configurations and we didn't want to miss any by specifying who needs it, we made it necessary for everyone to use it.

Hope that helps. :)
        MDNobles Hi Donna,

Thanks for your prompt response. The good news is, for the unnamed individual, the site is still showing without the patch.

Although, I'm guessing configurations could change in the future and possibly present a problem if the patch isn't uploaded?

Thanks,
        Michael
          Donna there shouldn't be any issue from 4.9.2 and up.
    SocialEngineSolutions Good to see some more improvements :)
    I am on SocialEngine demo (non-logged in) and I see some space (30px) below the Footer. [231316,Donna] Can you please check at your end too?
      Donna Hi @SocialEngineSolutions ,

This is by design and needed for the IM spacing with the new footer icons. Thank you for your feedback. :)
    Donna For those that are not sure about uploading the patch files, our support will do that for you. You will need active support and can send a ticket from your client area. :)
    Mikel Coreclark Hello. Mikel here.
    Good news about v4.9.2.
    Just one question.
    In the blog it talks about a 'patch' that I must upload to my server first. Where on my server files am I uploading file to ?
    thanks
    mikel.
      Donna When you download the patch, it has the exact folder structure needed to just upload to where SocialEngine is installed. In most cases, it's in the public_html folder. Just be sure to extract the files (unzip) first.
        Mikel Coreclark Thanks Donna.
        I can do that now. I just was not sure if it was that folder or another location.

Thanks
        mikel.
          Donna How did everything work out for you [241595,Mikel Coreclark] ?
            Donna Ok that's good to hear. I hope their maintenance is done quickly for you.
            • 0 1 vote
            Mikel Coreclark Hi Donna. I uploaded the patch , no problems found.
            I'm holding off on the rest of the uploads as tmdh are doing works on Uk Londons data centre between now and the 20th. just being on the cautious side.
            thanks
            mikel.
            • 0 1 vote
          Donna You're welcome. Backup the site first. :)
            Donna please view the upgrading tutorial linked in the blog. I'm not in my site atm. :)
            • 0 1 vote
            Mikel Coreclark think my brain is not working today. been at other job since 6am until 7pm.
            ok, file uploaded, now I have to clear cache.
            where do I have to clear cache. ?
            public_html > temporary > cache [elete files / contents of this cache.]
            • 0 1 vote
  • 1 more comment