Image resize (majuuna.com)
Majuuna
    Mikel Coreclark Hello all
    I am wanting to make the images in events and members smaller. Ideally half the size as standard.
    Question: where in my theme should I look to change the px ?
    thanks
    mikel
      Mikel Coreclark Hello.
      Just an update to this question.
      To decrease the sizes of images in the 'events' and 'brows members' pages, I found the location in constants.css under the heading 'Theme Grid Layout' .
      By decreasing the sizes H and W from 'pre-set' theme sizes I managed to get 5 images per line instead of 4 images. this seems a good number and a good size to work with. Now instead of only getting 10 images per page I can now get 20.
      But to do this you will need to alter border widths and content width.
      But be sure to clone a theme before altering any info. this way you can test and play around with a theme without damaging active themes.
      mikel.
        Donna Great tips and congrats on finding it!
      Donna I found the various codes. You'll need to play with them. I messed with them some below.

ul.grid_wrapper > li > a, ul.grid_wrapper > li > div:first-child > a {
      text-align: center;
      height: 80px !important;
      vertical-align: middle;
      display: block;
      box-sizing: border-box;
      overflow: hidden;
      width: 80px !important;
      }
      @media (min-width: 600px)
      css.php?request…e.css&c=23:398
      .browsemembers_results > ul > li {
      overflow: hidden;
      min-height: 100px !important;
      }
      @media (min-width: 1199px)
      css.php?request…me.css&c=23:83
      ul.grid_wrapper > li {
      width: 1000px !important;
      }
      Donna Do you mean Event browse and Member browse?
        Mikel Coreclark Hi Donna.
        Yes event browser and member browser.
        The code you sent look great, not a clue what they mean but il see where I can fit one in or find anything that looks familiar in my theme.css or constant.css.
        thanks
        mikel
          Donna I got those using inspect element on member browse page.
      Donna I've a tutorial on my scripttechs main site for how to use inspect element, including a video tutorial. You could use that to find the css code and see if it will work to change the sizes of the display. Then, using a clone of your theme, put it in the theme.css file. If you have a local test site, that's even better to fiddle with instead of a live site.
        Mikel Coreclark Thanks Donna.
        Ive got 2 insignia clones I'm working on.
        I will check out scripttechs tutorial.

mikel,
          Donna ok and I'll take a quick glance in my local as I have it running now.
            Mikel Coreclark good call...
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna No need to re-upgrade. Just grab a download of the SE core files and load the theme files you want after you extract the files from the zip. Easier on local.
            • 0 1 vote
            Mikel Coreclark good call on the default theme. I deleted it as it didn't meet my needs. I can go into my cpanel and re add it from my trash folder. if that fails I can back-up site and re-upgrade and get back all themes..
            this day is just getting easier.
            mikel.
            • 0 1 vote
            Donna I think they may have been. Have you tried some of the default themes that come with SE to see if those are still using smaller images? TemplateMechanic does SE themes too, if needed.
            • 0 1 vote
            Mikel Coreclark I have just had a thought...
            I think (if I am correct) I can remember that in an earlier v4.8 the image sizes where smaller ???
            if I can get a copy of a v4.8 theme maybe I can compare themes and see what is different or changed ?????
            could be worth a look.
            mikel.
            • 0 1 vote