HTML editor
I was creating a custom menu for my website when I noticed that it suddenly stopped updating. I've played with the characters and began to realize that it appears as though it has a character limit. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
    Donna One of our lead developers checked and said the code has no restrictions for this. He said the database itself can have a limit but he doubts you are putting that much in it.

He said it would be helpful for you to post the code you are trying to add as it could have html errors or something.
    Brandon Buchanan From my understanding there is a difference between characters and lines of code. If this block has a character limit it will hinder the number of lines you can add.
      Donna As I have asked earlier, I'll post if they respond. I assume that if there were a character limit, I would have hit it with all of the code I added as it was quite a lot of code and characters.
    Brandon Buchanan Does the HTML block in the layout editor have a character limit?
      Donna I just added a page. I then placed the html block on it. In that, I added code for DMCA banner, Paypal donate button, Advertisement for my host, Mailchimp subscribe code.

I then added it to the menu as http://us.stdev.mamp:8888/491/pages/sunny with sunny being the name of this page and I changed the page URL to be sunny as well.

I click the menu and the page works fine with all of those things showing. This is about 43 lines of code. Not sure if that's long enough for your test.
      Donna Can you also please post if you see errors and what the errors are in the log? For this page.

It is hard to test without knowing how much html to put in the block but I'm also asking our technicians.
      Donna Not that I know of but I'll check.
    Donna Hi Brandon,

When posting for assistance, would you please be as detailed as you can? It will save much time in trying to get the information before we can assist.

For this issue, please provide details about the menu name or an example of the same type of menu name in case your menu is niche specific and you don't want to post it.