SE News Loading-Performance
Hello,i have a small notice about the SE News that appear on admin panel home page ... sometimes those news don't appear is just a blank space instead of news, but the problem is in that moment the site loading time increase until the news appears again (maybe blank because of some SE maintenance) ... is there any way to avoid this ? Is not happening too often but as it has a connection one with each other, can this news loading slow down a little the website performance ? How is the system working ? Is checking from time to time for news or is refreshing and displaying them only when you access the page ?
    Donna Yes, we are aware of this. I had added this issue to our list before but then it stopped and couldn't be reproduced again until now. It is the RSS feed for our blog. When it's down, it can't grab the feed. I've added to our bug report that it's still active. It only has an issue if our site blog goes down. We are rectifying that as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.
      Gabry Thank you for you reply , is not a big problem but i have seen this by mistake actually being on home page when happen , but is good to hear that you have it on the list ... take care and a nice weekend !