Can we make to see the full content of the link post?
Hi there,
I am learning about SE cloud. As you know, when we post a link it just show a short description of the post. It means that if member want to see full post, they have to point to the original. It can take your member to competition site maybe.
Anyone can help to pull all the content of the post in the popup window?
Thank you.
    Trieu Thanh Tuan [1007,VoiceBee] [2440,Robin] yes, I know it can violate the copyright in some countries. My community in Vietnam and we can do that. Anyone can help me? Thank you.
      Kimmie Yeah, if you can do that in your Country then it would benefit you to have it all populated. That's not how it is in the USA to my understanding. It would violate copyright to copy the entire article. So SE would have to code SEC per Country Copyright guidelines and honestly, why would they do that? Possible legal problems for them. This is my humble two cents. ;-)
      Robin I beleive that there is no restriction until the Link exists.
        Trieu Thanh Tuan Could you help to make it available by CSS code or something like this [2440,Robin] ?
    Kimmie Wouldn't that cause copyright problems if it pulled the entire content of a link post? I'm cool with it linking out to the source of the link. We don't allow postings to competition sites and at this point haven't ran into any problems with members violating this. If it does violate our TOU then the moderator will delete that content.
      Robin Depends of the country you're. Does we really depends of united states because of the hosting !
    Robin Sorry I'm not able to get it work
    Edwin Rivera I have seen it with some SE PHP modules (i.e. Ultimate News) and they quote the name of the source. If we are not in infringement the copyrights in the US;should be integrated with SE Cloud because it will help to keep our members active in our website. Someone will need to investigate the regulations. [250,Drew Frey] [38,Shaun Harding] [52,Jung Kim] Do you have a POV on this feature request? It is feasible?
      Kimmie I wouldn't think so for the USA. [134,Edwin Rivera]
      Trieu Thanh Tuan [134,Edwin Rivera] yeah, that is really helpful. I think SE cloud can make a choice in admin setting to show full post in popup window or just partial depend on regions.
        Kimmie [1450,Trieu Thanh Tuan] , yeah thats a great idea and seems possible to accomplish. Great idea Guy.
      Edwin Rivera This is the example that I referred.
      http://socialengine4.demo.younetco.com/ultimate-news

Regards
        Rick Von Ruden Just because there is a module for se php does not mean it is legal. I saw copyrighted articles on the demo and if you read the terms of use on the original page it says the material is copyrighted and can not be copied. SE Cloud only pulls the page meta data for title and description and not content.
          Kimmie [1134,Rick Von Ruden] , well said. Thanks.