One of My Favorite Features in 4.9 - Banners!
I love banners! It's such a nice feature in 4.9. http://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2770246-banner-manager?b_id=14386

There's so much you can do with banners. Some tips are in that tutorial but I would LOVE to know how you're using banners.

What ways have you come up with to use them? Are they spicing up your community?
    Mikel Coreclark GS has some great ideas with banners.
    On my site I'm going to do a ' Missing Person' like ads but i can use banners. Banners has opened up a hoe world of potential and new thinking.
    mikel.
    gs Well, not sure if this is helpful since it's using 3rd-Pary Sliders/Slideshows, but this is how I plan on using them (btw - I purchased 3 different Plugins and ended up customizing one of them).

Although they can be used in the traditional way (displaying images with/without text & CTAs), my goal is to use them primarily for advertising purposes - especially for specific content pages and allow them to be customized per content page for specific content. This allows Group1 to display a different banner/slider than Group2 sees on their page (or Events or whatever). So, although I plan on including ADMIN selected banners/sliders at various locations, from a monetization standpoint it seems better to allow Group/Event owners (or in my case since I'm using SEAO Plugins - Causes/Campaigns and Businesses) to sell advertising space on their own pages (profile, event, blog, photo albums, whatever) so it's a win-win (we both make some revenue).

The primary purpose of my site is to provide Causes/Schools/Teachers/Veterans/1stResponders/etc. many methods of raising revenue, and this is just a no-brainer since many businesses want to reach specific eyeballs, and this seems to be a great way of doing so.
      Donna Thanks for responding. Is that for our new Banner feature?

Looks like you have good ideas for ads.
        gs Not really since it's a 3rd-Party Plugin doing it - but it was an idea for how Banners/Slideshows could be used and monetized for both ADMIN and Community Content-Owners. So maybe my post should be deleted.
          Donna No your ideas are good. :) I'm sure it will help others think of new things to do.